Chiropractic is the largest drug-free, natural healing profession in the United States. The profession was established over 100 years ago in 1895. Modern doctors of Chiropractic are highly trained health care providers. We can do a lot to help people suffering neck pain. Here is more information on how our chiropractic care can help neck pains.
CAUSES OF NECK PAINS AND HOW WE HELP YOU
The most common causes of neck pain result from over used musces, stuck neck joints, and poor posture.
These causes can stem from old forgotten injuries, recent accidents and strains and degeneration from age with wear and tear.
People sometimes make their neck pain worse with bad habit postures like sleeping face down, prolonged sitting in chairs that don’t go to the top of their head, or prolonged standing with flat feet.
Finding the cause of your neck pain
- First we ask a lot of questions about your pain, and health history and lifestyle
- Then we examine you. We look not only at your neck but your entire spine. We even check down to your feet to look for clues. This is because pain in the neck can stem from poor muscle balance and bad posture a long ways away from your neck.
- We many take x-rays of your neck or back to see if you have any abnormalities that may be part of your pain.
Then we tell you what we have found:
We take the time to let you know how you can be helped without drugs or surgery.
And we discuss the many ways that we can help you get better such as :
- freeing a stuck joint by hand
- gentle re-alignment
- Foundation Training exercises to correct postural imbalances
- trigger point massage
- ultrasound therapy
- hot or cold therapies
- specialized nutrition to help sore muscles, joints, or nerves get back to health and to clear inflammation
If you decide to receive the suggested care:
Most patients start to feel better right away because the sooner that your joints and muscles are restored to normal function the sooner your pain goes away naturally. That way you are less likely to have long term problems.
Problems with stuck joints and muscle trigger points don’t go away by ignoring them or by taking any type of drug. If your problem is not corrected to restore normal movement, alignment and muscle balance the bad posture stays with you and will hurt you once again, sooner or later.
No drug therapy will help you regain normal function, but it may mask your pain and make you think you have fully recovered.
If you would like to experience a pain free neck without drugs or surgery, call us at 978-535-6155 to find out how we may be able to help you. Why suffer any longer? Call us today.