This “Hidden” cause of disease can set you up for conditions such as heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure. Just to name a few. It can affect your whole body wreaking wide spread damage. Damage that builds up silently at first and then worsens over the years. What can this hidden cause of disease be? Research studies have given us the answer.
Many scientists and doctors, after reviewing thousands of research studies concluded that that most chronic diseases have the same trigger:…inflammation.
Inflammation is a natural process that does some good for our body after suffering an acute injury. Because inflammation calls healing cells to the area to begin the repair processes. However, inflammation can be a bad thing when it is chronic, low grade throughout the whole body. This type of inflammation can be caused by your eating habits because then it affects your whole body. (Did you know that poor eating habits now out-ranks cigarette smoking as a cause of disease?)
Here are some other diseases caused by chronic low grade inflammation:
- Slow recovery from heavy work or exercise
- Back and neck pain
- Prostate issue
- Female hormone imbalances and early menopause
- Lack of energy and focus
- Inability to maintain a healthy weight
- Bowel inflammation conditions
- Chronic pain
Causes of body wide low grade inflammation
- Excess body fat, especially around the belly
- Too many carbohydrates in your diet (especially from sugars and grains)
- Lack of sleep
- Excessive stress
- Lack of proper amounts of exercise
- Lack of antioxidants (found in 8 daily servings of fruits and vegetables)
- Poorly digested food
Top 10 worst foods/habits that create chronic inflammation
- Eating too many carbohydrates
- Wheat, Rye, Barley, Buckwheat flour products of any type (including pizza, bagels, breakfast cereals)
- Sugar, Artificial sweeteners
- Fried foods
- High meat diet
- Nitrates (cold cuts, processed meats, ham)
- Soda/tonic (including sugar free)
- Additives/food colorings/preservatives (MSG, benzoates, sulfites, FD&C colorings
- Lack of sleep and too much stress
What to do to fight chronic inflammation
- Eat low carbohydate foods
- Eat 8 servings a day of low carbohydrate vegetables, (rich in antioxidant and phytonutrients ). Include a few low carbohydrate fruits and raw nuts.
- Use herbs and spices:turmeric, cinnamon, garlic, basil, oregano, ginger
- Eat small amounts of organically grown meats, chicken, wild caught fish
- Dark chocolate 85%-100% cacao, Green tea, Omega 3 oils are also good
- 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep helps
- Whole body exercise, aerobic exercise and stretching energizes your body and burns stress chemicals. Just don’t over do exercising.
- Micronutrients consisting of antioxidants and proteolytic enzymes, Vitamin D, CoQ10 in supplements are a good idea.
- Regular Chiropractic care (optimizes muscle balance, joint function to reduce irritation and eases nervous system irritation while improving general health).
Now that you know about this “hidden cause of disease”…Do you need help controlling inflammation in your body? Do you need help in understanding what constitutes a good diet and how to make healthy choices when it comes to foods? Give us a call at 978-535-6155 and ask for a nutritional consult.